When you're a church for people who don't think church is for them, the person you're looking for probably doesn't look like what comes to mind when you say "Worship Leader". The job description fits, but our unique mission calls for something special.
Walk into Mosaic any given weekend and you'll see more tats that ties (no ties actually), hangovers, track marks, cigarette lighters and not much gray hair. You'll also see a bunch of people who, once far from God, are now experiencing life change like never before. And every week there are a LOT of people who are skeptical about this whole Jesus "thing". We love it. We speak to that. We'll take the mess, the questions, the baggage -- all of it. God is doing something through Mosaic and you just might be called to be a part of it.
Our lead pastor just cracked the ripe old age of 33, our creative director has played with bands you've sung along with on the radio and we think caffeine is a gift from God.
You should probably have a basic distaste for overt churchiness, an arts-forward stance and plenty of non-Christian friends. And know this, people who love "their old church" have a really hard time acclimating here.
Listing artists/teams we like is so restricting, but probably necessary. Right now, when Mack Brock opens his mouth on stage, we want to listen. (The rest of the band is pretty good too). Austin Stone is doing some cool things, as is Vertical church. COTM Tulsa plays other people's stuff, but they do it better than the original artist most of the time, so, we're pretty inspired by them.
We think quality sound is important. We think engagement from the platform is important. We think the Holy Spirit needs to be there or you're just playing charts.
Think we're talking about you? Check out; mosaicneo.org
• Create authentic moments with God through worship and strive to make every weekend experience one that people want to repeat
• Recruit, develop, and empower musicians and vocalists
• Partner with the Lead/Executive Pastor in crafting the weekend service from start to finish
• Self-feed musically and spiritually. Self-start your responsibilities. Self-evaluate your effectiveness.
• Alignment with the vision and mission and worship philosophy of Mosaic
• Excellent leadership abilities and a love for the people you serve with.
• Obvious musical / vocal talent
• A love for excellence and an insatiable desire to get things right, rather than done.
• A critical ear and the ability to both give and receive candid feedback
• You should be able to speak in full sentences. Passionately.
• Salary range ($18,000 - $36,000)
• Paid vacation
• Conference budget
Check out: mosaic(abbreviation for Northeast Ohio).org for more on us - or just check us out some Sunday.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers